One of the most common questions among beginners is: “What programming language should you start with?” But the point here is rather not where to start, but why do you want to start? If for the sake of pleasure, something new, with no purpose to make money, then choose any language. But in most cases, they begin to program precisely for the purpose of further earnings. Then the question already sounds more specific: “What programming language to learn for further material enrichment?” There is an answer, but it is not universal for everyone.
Programming Language Pragmatics, Fourth Edition, is the most comprehensive programming language textbook available today. It is distinguished and acclaimed for its integrated treatment of language design and implementation, with an emphasis on the fundamental tradeoffs that continue to drive software development.
The book provides readers with a solid foundation in the syntax, semantics, and pragmatics of the full range of programming languages, from traditional languages like C to the latest in functional, scripting, and object-oriented programming. This fourth edition has been heavily revised throughout, with expanded coverage of type systems and functional programming, a unified treatment of polymorphism, highlights of the newest language standards, and examples featuring the ARM and x86 64-bit architectures.
Let’s take a look at the numbers. The average salary of a good programmer in the United States is about $ 100,000 per year, in Europe – about $ 55,000, in Ukraine, Russia – about $ 20,000, in Asia – $ 15,000, in India – $ 12,000. The numbers change, depending on the experience of the programmer and the language programming. But if you are well versed, then there will always be an opportunity to get a job in the USA, and in Europe, and in India.
Popular programming languages
* HTML and CSS are not programming languages. HTML is Hypertext Markup Language and CSS is Cascading Style Sheets. Compared to other programming languages, HTML and CSS are the first step in web programming, which takes a fraction of the time to learn.
And what to learn from this? It all depends on how you want to make money. The bad news is that you won’t be able to learn one thing from the list. The good news is that you don’t have to learn anything and everything.
What kind of programmers are there?
In the table you came across concepts such as client and server programming. What it is? Let’s figure it out now. Any web system consists of two parts: a client and a server.
Is the code that is executed by the server. For example, the appearance of the site is the client part (as we have already figured out), but when you perform an action on the site – register, participate in a survey, write a message – you send a request to the server, it processes this request and sends a response to the client (browser), which is displayed to you – congratulations that you have registered, the results of a survey or a notification that you have sent a message. The ability to handle active actions of the user or visitor, to process the information received is the server side of programming.
Of course, there are people who combine backend and frontend programming. Also now it is very popular to program for Android, iOS, due to the growth of the mobile part of the Internet. You may even meet people who understand all this. But when you apply for a job, you will occupy only one position, and not all at once.
Pick one direction and start small. No need to jump right into the depths, study the job market, programming languages. Then, having chosen one thing, find books, lessons, videos, preferably a mentor, and get started. The most important thing is the first step. And then it will be easier.
- ［Application Scenes］- To read and write memory of the on-board computer via the OBD2 diagnostic port. Works well with the latest drivers EDC16, EDC17, MED9.x, Siemens PPD1 / x, EDC15, ME7. xi and etc.
- ［Converter Cable］-USB A to OBDII 16-pin male. Software Version: MPPS V16.1.02. Driver installation is required. Made by Washinglee, 1 year warranty.
- ［APP and OS Supported］-Support 32 bit Windows XP, and Windows XP sp2 is required. Support MPPS V16.1.02.
- ［Language Supported］- English, Afrikaans, Albanees, Bahasa Melayu, Cech, Cymraeg, Deutsch, Esti, Espanol, Filipino, Finnish, Francais, Galego, German, Hrvatski, Indonesia, Italiano, Kiswahili, Latviesu, Lietuviskai, Magyar, Malti, Nederlands, Norsk, Polska, Portuguese, Rmoanian, Slovencina, Slovenski, Srpski, Suomea, Svensk, Turkish.
- ［Sweet Tips］- Sufficient inventory in USA for fast delivery, help you to solve problem promptly. We can provide technical support (including remote installation) and 1 year warranty. Please refer to product description for more information. Without CD inside the package, driver sent to buyers by Email.